Singapore churches have been adapting and coping with the COVID-19 pandemic, for more than a year. The entire country went through several starts / stops, and we are thankful that we have made progress and learnt many lessons.
As the people residing in Singapore gradually prepare for life after the pandemic, through vaccinations, responsible social distancing, and adjusting our school, work, and even religious re-scheduling and re-adjustments, we are beginning to look forward to a post-COVID19 way of life.
Less than one hour’s ferry ride away, a sprawling archipelago with a population of 270 million, Indonesia is now a ‘hot-spot’ for Covid-19 in Southeast Asia. The hospitalization rate for patients has exceeded 90% in Jakarta, its capital, while tents have been set up outside hospitals, and apartments have been converted into isolation units. The daily Covid-19 cases exceed 20,000, and the death toll at 60,000. The people of Indonesia are struggling to get oxygen, medical supplies, treatment, and vaccines.
Once again, the Singapore Baptist churches are invited to come together, and pool our financial resources as love gifts to our Indonesian Baptist Convention. Our gifts are the “5 loaves and 2 fish,” God is actually the Giver, but He chooses to use His Church as the channels of gifts to the needy, the downtrodden, and the suffering.
The project will officially open to receive contributions on 24th August 2021, and close by the end of October.
Rev. Dr. Bobby Lee
Executive Director, Singapore Baptist Convention
For more information, please contact:
Rev Andrew Tjang (Mission Director)
We accept contributions via PayNow, cheque or bank transfer. Please inform us of your contribution by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, so that we can send you a receipt and acknowledgement of the contribution.
1. Launch your mobile banking app and select ‘Scan & Pay’.
2. Scan the QR Code (image shown above). You should see “SINGAPORE BAPTIST CONVENTION” (UEN S74SS0032H) stated in the ‘Pay To’ field.
3. Enter the amount (SGD) that you wish to contribute.
4. Please indicate that the contribution is for “Love Indonesia” in the comments/reference field.
B. Bank Transfer
|Account Name||SINGAPORE BAPTIST CONVENTION|
|Account Number||116 – 312 – 194 – 3|
|Bank Name||UNITED OVERSEAS BANK LTD|
Note: Please indicate that the contribution is for “Love Indonesia” in the comments/reference field.
1. Kindly cross and make your cheque(s) payable to “SINGAPORE BAPTIST CONVENTION“.
2. At the back of the cheque(s), please indicate that the contribution is for “Love Indonesia”.
3. Please mail all cheques to:
SINGAPORE BAPTIST CONVENTION
1023 Upper Serangoon Road
04-01 Baptist Centre