The Myanmar Solidarity Project (2021) is a collaborative effort initiated by the Singapore Baptist Convention with the aim to provide an opportunity for our churches and individuals to show their solidarity and support with the three Myanmar-Singapore churches that are part of the Convention.
Here is more information that you can share with your church:
- We encourage love gifts to be made in units of SGD$50. This is the cost of one 35 kg sack of rice and cooking oil, which can sustain 4 households for a week.
- The gifts will be for the explicit purpose of bringing relief to families in Myanmar who are struggling to obtain basic food items.
- The gifts Convention will receive will be distributed equally to Judson BCS, Kachin BCS and Karen BCS. These churches will find ways and means to convey this help to needy families according to their best judgment.
- Assistance will not be limited to Christian families.
This project will continue until 31 May 2021. Should the present economic crisis continue and families remain impoverished by unemployment and inflation, we will consider renewing the effort.
To find out more on how you can be a part of this project, contact the Convention office at (65) 6253 8004, or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We accept contributions via PayNow, cheque or bank transfer. Please see below for more information on how you can make a contribution through the Convention.
** Important Note: Please inform us of your contribution(s) by email to email@example.com, so we may send you a receipt and acknowledgement of your contribution. **
A. PayNow (via Scan & Pay)
1. Launch your mobile banking app and select ‘Scan & Pay’.
2. Scan the QR Code (image shown above). You should see “SINGAPORE BAPTIST CONVENTION” (UEN S74SS0032H) stated in the ‘Pay To’ field.
3. Enter the amount (SGD) that you wish to contribute.
4. In the ‘Bill Reference No.’ field, please indicate that the contribution is for “Myanmar Solidarity Project” (any shortened variation of this phrase is acceptable).
B. Bank Transfer
|Account Holder’s Name||SINGAPORE BAPTIST CONVENTION|
|Account Number||116 – 312 – 194 – 3|
|Bank Name||UNITED OVERSEAS BANK LTD|
In the ‘Bill Reference No.’ field, please indicate that the contribution is for “Myanmar Solidarity Project” (any shortened variation of this phrase is acceptable).
1. Kindly cross and make your cheque(s) payable to “SINGAPORE BAPTIST CONVENTION“.
2. At the back of the cheque(s), please indicate whether the contribution is for “Myanmar Solidarity Project” (any shortened variation of this phrase is acceptable).
3. Please mail all cheques to:
SINGAPORE BAPTIST CONVENTION
1023 Upper Serangoon Road
#04-01 Baptist Centre